Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bongnyeongsa Temple, Suwon


A recent Sunday evening found me on a short drive to the Bongnyeongsa Temple (봉년사) at Suwon. Have been there about 4 years back ( the way time flies!) along with our Korean neighbours. Considering that the temple is located (behind the Suwon world cup stadium) about 6 km or so from where I stay, it is surprising that I have not been there more often!

The temple is located in quite a big complex and includes a Buddhist school  ( university?). This is the second temple that I have seen being handled by Buddhist nuns. The various sculptures and natural surroundings gave me some photo oppurtunities!  For somebody like me, who likes visiting Buddhist temples and appreciates their traditional architectural styles, this temple complex in Suwon is quite interesting!

Some images follow along with the location map(from the temple site):


















No comments:

Post a Comment