The information below relates to the application of a baby's passport (born in South Korea) at the Indian Embassy, Hannam-dong, Seoul.
This is what I had done for our new born baby!
We need to make payments for registration of the baby's birth as well for the Indian passport.
It may be a good idea to request the Korean hospital for two prints of the birth certificate in English, since the original needs to be submitted at the embassy and birth certificate is also needed while applying for the child's visa/alien card.
It is a very quick process to submit the documents at the embassy. Should take about 25 days to receive the child's passport.
With the receipt from the embassy, visa for the baby can be applied for at the immigration office.
Documents needed to be taken to the Indian Embassy:
- Birth certificate of baby in English(Original)
- Marriage certificate of parents( original + photocopy)
- Passports of parents ( original + photocopies)
- Alien cards of parents ( original + photocopies)
- 4 passport photos of the baby ( white background, eyes looking into camera, both ears visible)
- Passport App Form
- Additional Form(CIPPS System)
Charges : 125,000 won (as of Nov 2012)
Embassy related Info:
Consular Services timings:
Submission time: 9:30 - 12:30 Mon-Fri on all working days
Delivery time: 16:00 - 17:00
For further information you could refer to the Indian embassy website:
Ms. Chung yeo-jin (Consular Assistant 02-798-4257 Extn.108) at the embassy is a very helpful person. It may be useful to contact her before heading for the embassy.